By Guy Asaert
Recipe is part of Recipe Index
BJCP 2021 Style 4B Festbier
Lager Than Life 2022 (Pillars Brewery, 5/3/2022)
2nd - Helles & Festbier
- IBU 25
- ABV 6%
- OG 1.056
- FG 1.010
- EBC 11
- 21 litres at end of boil.
- 20 litres into fermenter.
RO water, adjusted with 1.3g Gypsum and 4.5g of Calcium Chloride.
- Extra Pale Premiere Pilsner Malt, 2.5 EBC, 3.2kg, 57.5%
- Munich I, 14 EBC, 1.64kg, 29.4%
- Vienna Malt, 5.9 EBC, 440g, 7.9%
- Carapils/Carafoam, 3.9 EBC, 220g, 4%
- Melanoidin Light, 50 EBC, 70g, 1.3%
- 20g Hallertauer Mittelfrueh at 60 minutes
- 18g Hallertauer Mittelfrueh at 30 minutes
- 25g Saaz at 20 minutes
Wyeast Labs Bohemian Lager 2124. Will most likely require a two step starter to achieve ~480 billion cells.
- 50°C for 20 minutes
- 62°C for 30 minutes
- 68°C for 30 minutes
- 72°C for 20 minutes
- 78°C for 10 minutes (mash out)
Keep at 9°C for 4 days and ramp up to 18°C over 1 week. Beer was lagered at 6°C for 3 weeks.